Show HN: Avoiding Imgur Link Rot https://ift.tt/ojb54Zn

Show HN: Avoiding Imgur Link Rot Over the last decade I've built a number of different digital asset managers (mostly media files) that met the needs of my companies at the time. It is an area I enjoy working in. A month ago, when asked what was next for me, I jokingly said I would build another DAM. Then on Saturday, two weeks ago, I learnt that Imgur was going to delete all anonymous & NSFW files on the 15th of May. It was pointed out that this would mean broken links in communities that had relied on Imgur. By the Sunday I had decided that I would build another DAM, initially with the intent of avoiding Imgur link rot. It was challenging to find time to spend on this, the project was put together over about 8 evenings. It still has rough patches, this is an early MVP (a Michael Seibel "brick"). I have many ideas of where to take this project, but for now it only does one thing: backup Imgur files and produce new links that are easy to swap out for old soon-to-be-deleted Imgur links. https://haasie.com May 6, 2023 at 04:10AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monetize Fiber Services Better and Improve ROI with Top Telecom Billing Software

Live high profile website business website micro blog website and many other website list

get profile social bookmarkign blog forumsite avaiable for you