Show HN: I built a handheld CHIP-8 game console to teach myself embedded systems https://ift.tt/Cdm9Os1

Show HN: I built a handheld CHIP-8 game console to teach myself embedded systems A while back I wrote a CHIP-8 emulator (which is considered the Hello, World! of emulators and is more accurately a virtual machine since historically CHIP-8 was an interpreted language running on top of the COSMAC VIP to make game programming easier). But a few months ago I got really interested in embedded software, so decided it would be neat to port my emulator to a STM32 MCU and design a console around it as a learning experience, since CHIP-8 never existed as a physical system. I didn't know much about embedded software when I began, and even less about electronics, but I managed to write all the firmware from scratch and even designed my first PCB, resulting in a finished (though not very polished) handheld CHIP-8 console. For those curious, the GitHub repo also has links to my dev blog about the project as well as a build guide. Thanks for looking! https://ift.tt/yLsZxvE July 20, 2022 at 03:12AM

Click here for more...
from #Bangladesh #News aka Bangladesh News Now!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monetize Fiber Services Better and Improve ROI with Top Telecom Billing Software

Live high profile website business website micro blog website and many other website list

get profile social bookmarkign blog forumsite avaiable for you