Show HN: Crocodile - Better code review for GitHub https://ift.tt/q8KdTkv

Show HN: Crocodile - Better code review for GitHub Hi HN! I've been working on a code review app for GitHub called Crocodile for about a year. I used to work at Microsoft where we used a tool called CodeFlow for reviewing code and I missed it after I left. I know many other ex-Microsoft engineers feel the same. Here are some of the distinguishing features of Crocodile that are inspired by CodeFlow: * Comments float above the code instead of being inline. Long discussions that are displayed inline make it really hard to review the code. * Comment on any text selection in the file, even a single character. * Comments don't get lost when code changes. I hate it when comments become "outdated" because I rebase or the line is edited. I also implemented lots of features that I wish CodeFlow had which you can read more about on the blog. [1] For those curious about the tech stack: it's mostly written in Go with Alpine.js, HTMX, and Tailwind CSS for the frontend. For storage I use PostgreSQL, S3 compatible object storage, and Redis for caching. I use Pulumi for infrastructure provisioning and Kubernetes deployments. Everything is hosted on DigitalOcean. Feedback is welcome! [1] https://ift.tt/Kh3nxqb https://ift.tt/C4olwsU June 23, 2022 at 01:37AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monetize Fiber Services Better and Improve ROI with Top Telecom Billing Software

Live high profile website business website micro blog website and many other website list

get profile social bookmarkign blog forumsite avaiable for you