Show HN: Code reviews intimidated me, so I built a course on how to master them https://ift.tt/Hw3NOFs

Show HN: Code reviews intimidated me, so I built a course on how to master them I’m excited to share Master the Code Review: forge a better process, give better reviews, write better code. It’s a video course with 4+ hours of content [1]. I’ve linked a 21-minute sample below [2]. 6 years ago, I began my software engineering career at Amazon Web Services. I struggled with Pull Requests. My authored PRs received many comments, sometimes 50+. They went through many revisions, sometimes 7+. I often shipped late. My reviews of other PRs were surface level and counterproductive. Long story short: I improved. Through trial, error and experience I learned how to be effective in all 3 dimensions of code reviews: process, reviewer, and author. I came to realize that there isn’t much information out there, giving developers actionable guidance to succeed in a code review environment. Doing so takes specific soft skills, social skills, and technical skills. Very few people talk about them. Late 2020, I started writing about code reviews on my Medium, Twitter [3] and LinkedIn. I grew from 0 to almost 17K followers across platforms. The internet held me accountable for ambiguities and inaccuracies of my public writing. I learned a lot, and leveraged both positive and negative feedback to refine my ideas. My writing experience gave me the confidence to build the course. I created it for my younger self, and I hope developers everywhere find it useful. I launched it a month ago. So far there have been more than 650 students. I’ve received positive feedback from senior managers and principal engineers across big tech. Happy to answer questions! [1] Course: https://ift.tt/Xc5jpls [2] Sample video — Writing effective code review comments: https://ift.tt/AmyP6QO [3] Example Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/curtiseinsmann/status/1317149417330364421?s=20&t=q4gYZPN4BhXDrHtcTTiHmA March 30, 2022 at 11:04PM

Click here for more...
from #Bangladesh #News aka Bangladesh News Now!!!


Click here for more...
from #Bangladesh #News aka Bangladesh News Now!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monetize Fiber Services Better and Improve ROI with Top Telecom Billing Software

Live high profile website business website micro blog website and many other website list

get profile social bookmarkign blog forumsite avaiable for you